The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) PhD and Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022
13 April 2022 by HEC MediaFellowship PhD
How to Apply
Apply through the TWAS Portal https://onlineforms.twas.org/home
Deadline: 1 May 2022 [CLOSED]
About the The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) PhD and Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022
Established in 1983, The World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries, known worldwide by its acronym, TWAS, supports sustainable prosperity through research, education, policy and diplomacy. The Academy is based in Trieste, Italy. TWAS helps early-career researchers to gain education and experience at top science institutions. TWAS currently offers about 160 PhD fellowships, in conjunction with eight partners in six countries, and about 100 postdoctoral fellowships in conjunction with nine partners in five countries.
For developing countries, and especially the Least Developed Countries, PhD scientists help build a foundation for scientific strength and human prosperity. TWAS offers between 100 - 160 PhD fellowships a year at some of the most respected institutions in the developing world. These fellowships are hosted in Brazil, China, India, Pakistan and South Africa.
Available PhD fellowships:
- TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
- TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
- TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
- OWSD PhD fellowships for women scientists
- Applications can only be submitted via the online portal once the call is open.
- Please use the "Apply now" button at the bottom of each programme page to start your application once the call is open.
- Both the opening and closing dates will be mentioned on each individual programme page.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for the preliminary acceptance letter as early as possible, even before the opening date of the call. Only Acceptance letters dated the same year as the year of application are eligible.
- Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: The head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.
Through TWAS fellowships—lasting from three months to three years—scientists from developing countries who have recently earned their PhD can gain invaluable experience working with prominent colleagues in other developing countries. Available postdoctoral fellowships:
- TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
- TWAS-SN Bose Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
- TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
- TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
- TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
To expedite the submission of your application, please, follow the recommendation below:
- Applications can be submitted only through the online portal and only once the call for the programme of your choice is open
- To start your application, use the "Apply now" button at the bottom of the programme of your choice
- Candidates need to upload, along with their application, a preliminary acceptance letter issued in the same year of the application itself by their chosen host institution. Applicants are encouraged to apply for the acceptance letter from the chosen host institutions as early as possible, even before the opening date of the call of the programme of their choice
- The opening and closing dates of each programme are specified on each programme page
- Applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio
- Applicants may not visit another institution in that year under any other TWAS programme.
For more information, visit the official TWAS Fellowships for 2022 page