KUHES (COM) Calls for Applications for Research Fellow Position in Bioethics
21 June, 2021 by HEC Media in
The Kamuzu College of Health Sciences (KUHeS) has received grant funding from the United States Government through its National Institutes of Health (NIH); Grant Ref: 1 R25 TW 011455 – 01 to support capacity building, education and training of health professionals in Malawi. The CoM will implement this grant through its Project CHEER. The KUHeS will implement the grant through its Project CHEER.
A position of one Research Fellow exists within the institution. The post is available for an initial period of two (2) years with the posibility of renewal for further periods of two (2) years to be based at the Center of Bioethics for Eastern and Southern Africa (CEBESA).
The CEBESA Bioethics Research Fellowship will be awarded to an individual who is studying towards their final year of PhD, have just completed their PhD or have a Masters Degree in Ethics. The fellowship contributes to the institution's overall mission to support its bioethics enterprise and to ensure that the discipline continues to be a source of vibrant and significant work that furthers the KUHeS mission in teaching, research and community engagement.
- Applications are invited from individuals who are in their final year of their doctoral degree or completed their PhD or hold a Masters in Ethics
- Current fellows within the KUHeS or elsewhere must have completed all requirements of their existing fellowship, including submission of the final report before an application for a new fellowship can be accepted
- If a Research fellowship is awarded, the application must agree to comply with the University's Postdoctoral Policy. The policy can be obtained from the University's website or requested via email from: [email protected].
- Submit applications preferably via email including an application letter, motivational statement (one page), a resume and copies of academic professional qualifications
- Submit application dossier to:
The Academic Registrar
Attention: CHEER-HEPI Bioethics Postdoctoral Fellowship
Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS)
Private Bag 360, Chichiri, Blantyre 3, MALAWI
Email: [email protected] and [email protected]
Deadline: 30th June 2021.