Call for Admissions - UNIMA Mature Entry Intake for 2021-2022
10 April, 2021 by HEC Media in
The University of Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for admission into its mature entry programmes for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Minimum Entry Requirements for All Applicants
Interested applicants should meet the following minimum requirements:
- A Malawi School Certificate of Education or any equivalent O-Level qualification with at least 4 subjects passed with credit (6 subjects for some programmes) including ENGLISH LANGUAGE and other subjects specified in the table under point (d) below.
- A University of Malawi Diploma or, a relevant Diploma from accredited programmes of the University of Malawi such as those offered at Domasi College of Education, Natural Resources College, Malawi College for Health Sciences, Theological College, St. John of God College or an equivalent Diploma from a recognized Institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of 2 years post Diploma relevant work experience in a field related to the programme applied for.
- Applicants MUST also meet the additional entry requirements for each programme as outlined in programme requirements (see attached document below):
Candidates who were withdrawn from the University of Malawi or any other public university on academic grounds and those already registered with the University of Malawi or any other public university as residential, non-residential or mature students ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION.
TUITION FEES PER ANNUM
Please note that the fees indicated in the programme requirements are subject to change anytime.
Application forms can be obtained on written request or in person from the address given below and it can also be downloaded from www.unima.mw or www.cc.ac.mw or www.medcol.mw or www.poly.ac.mw or www.kcn.unima.mw Duly completed application forms together with proof of payment of a non-refundable application fee of K12,000.00 for Malawian candidates and U$25 for international applicants should be sent to the same address and not to any constituent college of the University of Malawi. Applicants should attach a deposit slip as proof of payment of an appropriate application fee.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO DEPOSIT THEIR APPLICATION FEE TO THE FOLLOWING BANK ACCOUNT:
BANK NAME: NATIONAL BANK OF MALAWI
ACCOUNT NAME: UNIMA REVENUE ACCOUNT
SWIFT CODE: NBMAMWMW
SORT CODE/BRANCH CODE: 006
The address for obtaining and submitting application forms is:
The University Registrar, University Office, P.O. Box 278, ZOMBA. (Attention: Admissions Office), www.unima.mw, Phone : 01 526622, Fax : 01 524 760
- A complete application package MUSTinclude the following:
- Copies of all relevant degrees/Diplomas/certificates/academic transcripts which have been indicated on the application form. These must be duly certified as true copies of the originals by a recognized Commissioner of Oaths.
- Original proof of availability of funds for training i.e. official sponsorship letter or bank statements of the applicant.
- Copy of a bank deposit slip showing the name of the applicant and the amount of application fee paid.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) with names and contact details of three traceable referees.
- A clear specification of a programme applied for as well as the candidate’s preferred mode of its delivery.
- Official reference letter(s) from the current and/or previous employer(s) showing proof of at least 2 years relevant work experience.
ANY APPLICATION FORM THAT WILL NOT INCLUDE THE ABOVE MENTIONED DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED!
The closing date for receiving applications is FRIDAY, 30TH APRIL 2021
Download the full advert and application form below: