The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD)
22 November 2021 by HEC MediaUndergraduate
About the The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD)
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) is an US-sponsored exchange program for undergraduate students that brings future leaders to the United States to experience U.S. higher education, gain critical professional skills, and explore new cultures and values. It is administered by World Learning and has given opportunities to over 2,500 Global undergrad students since 2008. Participants leave the U.S. with the tools to become leaders in their professions and communities. Global UGRAD alumni go on to receive Fulbright grants, obtain prestigious international internships, and work in business and government in their home countries and regions.
To promote mutual understanding between people of the United States and other countries.
- Provide a fulfilling exchange experience to drive academic, cross-cultural, and leadership competencies for students from Global UGRAD countries.
- Enhance students' academic knowledge and professional skills needed to pursue long-term academic and career goals.
- Cultivate students' comprehensive and nuanced understanding of the U.S.
- Facilitate opportunities for students to establish social networks with U.S. host institutions and local communities.
- Empower students to engage constructively in the civic life of their local and global communities.
Global UGRAD is open to all academic fields of study and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, or disability. Competition for the program is highly competitive and merit based. Finalists will be selected on the basis of academic excellence, leadership potential, and their preparedness for study in the U.S.
The Global UGRAD Program is open to anyone who is/has:
- over 18 years of age;
- a citizen of a Global UGRAD participating country*, currently residing in that country;
- enrolled as an full-time undergraduate student in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the Global UGRAD program;
- completed secondary education in their home country;
- a solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
- able to begin studies in the U.S. in August 2022 or January 2023 (selected applicants may not choose their semester of participation;
- eligible to receive and maintain the U.S. student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program;
- cleared by a physician to participate in the program;
- committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program.
How To Apply
Applicants should create an account and apply through the official application portal.
Deadline for applications is 6th January 2022.