YALI Education Changemakers Programme
2 March 2023 by HEC Media
About the YALI Education Changemakers Programme
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders, hosted by the University of South Africa at the Graduate School of Business Leadership in Midrand, South Africa. The Trevor Noah Foundation is a non-profit organization that equips underserved youth with the educational foundation and opportunity to become resilient future leaders of South Africa. The Young African Leaders Initiative Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (YALI RLC-SA) and the Trevor Noah Foundation have partnered to invest in a new generation of young African champions for education quality.
Education Changemakers Programme Cohort 3 Application Now Open
Applications for Cohort 3 are now open and close on 17th March 2023. Programme implementation will be completed in two phases: 1) four weeks of intensive classroom training focused on foundation leadership skills and the application of business and public institution management tools for the education sector and 2) six months of post-graduation coaching and mentoring. The programme will also include site visits and live case studies using highly interactive methodologies.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Young leaders, Ages (18-35)
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent
- Involvement and/or experience in the Education sector
- Nationals of Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Eswatini, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program
- English language proficiency
The program encourages applications from:
- Young African Leaders in the education sector i.e. principals, teachers, education enterprises or nonprofits, and
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- People who are HIV positive or living with AIDS
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTI communities across the region
- Other minority groups
There is no fee to apply for or participate in the programme. Successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, lodging, meals, and course materials. All other costs will be at the participant's expense.
The training is residential and requires a commitment to attend all sessions in person at the Regional Leadership Center in Midrand, South Africa.
Closing date for applications is the 17 March 2023. For assistance contact: Bento Marcos, Head of Recruitment and Selection, YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa Tel: +27 11 652 0317 / 0354; E-mail: [email protected]